Chicken Scratch Scraps

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can I get a 'You look nice dear' ?

So, ok, I am a thirty-something-stay-at-home breeder of two lovely children on a budget (aren't we all). I am a believer in the 'Flylady' mantra of 'getting dressed to the shoes' (which I have been doing, without fail, for more than two years now). I am also a huge fan of 'What Not to Wear'. What happens when you mix this volatile cocktail? You get a pretty darned-well (IMHO) put-together modern mom, who even wears a little makeup now and then.
So, do you think the husband of said put-together mom, could send a little " gee you are one hot momma," or "you are lookin' sweeeet," or even "those are some fine lookin tatas lady" her way?! Nope. Nada. Makes me want to spit nails sometime (or at least run around in my jammies for a day and see if he'd notice). I can't be alone on this one?!!
Halloween is terribly exciting to my dd this year (and my ds is just realizing there will be candy). I insist on making their costumes from scratch, and was a little stunned when dd assured me that she will die if she can't be a mermaid. Mermaids have tails and everything!! Last year was so easy. She wanted to be a ghost. Ack! I may have bit off more than I can chew here, but we'll have a go. Pictures will be forthcoming when it's done.
Here is a 'get it done' layout I did on last year's costume:
(kit Lyle-Kipler-Unscary Tricksters)
Of to get some patterns cut and some laundry done. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

LOL...I feel the same way sometimes, a little compliment would go a long way certain days.

Kresta said...

Good for you for striving to look good every day even without compliments! There are some days I just don't feel like it, and hey, I'm preggo, so it doesn't matter that much!

Good luck with the costume!

Monique said...

Cute ghost! Good luck with the mermaid costume!

Jennifer said...

LOL, my hubby never notices, either. Good luck w/ the mermaid cosutme! I bet it will be adorable!

Kathi said...

I totally know what you mean!

Have fun making the mermaid costume! I am soooo not crafty like that.

Anonymous said...

good luck on the costume. Im sure itll be adorable and if its a little off it was made with love :-)

Diana said...

Yeah, I just do the Jammie thing, lol. I am sure your DD's cpstume will be wonderful when it is done!

-Diana

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I have my flylady moments, but I can't do shoes.

We do homemade costumes but they must be able to be assembled from things around the house with little to no sewing by me

Chels said...

I feel the same sometimes.. ugh

Cute ghost & GL on the costume!