Chicken Scratch Scraps

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Argghhh! How can I be posting about Halloween and it's the last week of Nov? I truly believe I am trapped in some kind of domestically induced time warp.
Nonetheless, here I am with nothing earth shattering to report. A fact for which I am most grateful. Halloween was a roaring success and my homemade costumes were a hit. My son can be still be found on any day of the week attired in his plumage and dancing around the living room. Aubrie only wears the mermaid outfit (on which I still haven't hand- sewn all the sequins) when the thermostat reaches something more temperate, She refuses to layer under it. "Mummy, mermaids do not wear turtlenecks!" I hesitate to point out that neither do they reside in the great frigid plains of the North. (If they did, they would probably have turtlenecks with gills on them.) In truth, we are neither of us much of an authority on mermaid evolution. Here is a layout done for her:
I haven't yet scrapped the parrot costume:
and finally here are the candy bags I sent her to school with:

OK, so that holiday is done...! Now we are chugging along merrily towards Christmas.
I may even have a chance to stay ahead on this one: the Christmas cake is soaking in rum, my card is designed, letter is done, even my gift list is mostly filled in. It's looking good so far....
Mind you, I've learned never to count my rum balls until the New Year's ball drops!

No comments: