Chicken Scratch Scraps

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out with the Old, in with the Old

No resolutions here. Nope, not a one.

Oh, I could make a thousand promises. The list is endless: frequent exercise, fewer cookies, more good hair days, improved posture, looser undies, or regular blog entries to name a few. But I won't go there. I will not set everyone up with great expectations only to dash their fragile hopes for me. I am just too kind to do that to anyone (not even myself).

Instead, I have a more palatable plan for us all. Call it my 'New Year's evolution' (I worked hard on that: rhymes with 'resolution')!

I am looking at all the things I did 'well-right-and-good' in 2008 and carrying them forward into 2009. Yup. The positive habits and idiosyncrasies that worked for me last year, are 'gonna be applied again this year. Believe me, it requires a little more brainstorming and careful thought than my usual 'mealy-mouthful' of promises. And since I know I did them last year, odds are, I can keep them up in the months to come. Really..., it's a win-win scenario.

And, no, I am not going to tell you what they are. (It keeps the mystery and romance alive between us.)

So here's to personal fulfillment in the year to come.... May it be built on the foundations of all the wonderful things that you are and that you have done already.

Cheers!

No comments: